A consumer can sue a company for a defective product injury under the following conditions.
- The product must have caused an injury because of a defect.
- The defect must have existed at the time of sale.
- The injury must not be the result of misuse of the product.
- The injury must not be the result of a third party’s negligence.
- You must have been using the product as it was intended to be used at the time of the injury.
- You are able to show that you were injured and that someone else was harmed by the defective product.
- You are able to show that you suffered damages as a result of the defect